- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place potatoes in a stockpot and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. When cool enough to handle, peel and slice potatoes; cool completely.
- For the dressing, in the top of a double boiler or metal bowl over barely simmering water, heat 1 cup water, butter and vinegar until butter is melted. In a small bowl, beat eggs; add sugar and cornstarch. Add to butter mixture; cook and stir until thickened, 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Stir Miracle Whip into cooled dressing mixture; fold in whipped cream. Stir in onion, green onions, salt and pepper. Add potatoes; toss lightly to combine. Refrigerate, covered, until chilled.
- To serve, top with hard-boiled eggs; sprinkle with paprika.
3/4 cup: 197 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Here are 10 wonderful recipes to get you through even the harshest Canadian winters: JACKFRUIT STEW WITH CASHEW CHEESE BISCUITS It tastes just as good as it sounds. There are many variations on this Canadian-inspired recipe, but a highlight includes the combination of...
Ingredients- 1/2 cup tequila 1/4 cup Triple Sec 1/4 cup lime juice 1/4 cup lemon juice 2 tablespoons superfine sugar 4 lime wedges 1 tablespoon kosher salt 1-1/3 cups crushed ice Directions- In a pitcher, combine the first 5 ingredients; stir until sugar is...
Ingredients- 18 Oreo cookies Oil for deep-fat frying 1 cup biscuit/baking mix 1 large egg, room temperature 1/2 cup 2% milk Confectioners' sugar Directions- On each of eighteen 4-in. wooden skewers, thread 1 cookie, inserting pointed end of skewer into filling. Freeze...
Directions- 1 cup sour cream 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot 1 tablespoon lime juice 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained and squeezed dry 12 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves 2 medium mangoes, peeled and...